CampRooms.com Terms of Service
These terms are a legal agreement between Gemstone Logistics Inc. doing business as CampRooms.com (“we” or “us”) and you.
You should read all the terms before indicating acceptance.
These terms apply to the CampRooms online platform, and to any mobile app that might be launched in future, and any updates, upgrades, supplement, new features that we may introduce from time to time. If new terms accompany any of those updates, upgrades, supplements or new features, then those terms will apply.
By using the service and software, you accept these terms.
If you do not accept them, do not use the services or software. You are bound by these terms even if you do not read all the terms.
“CampRooms Services” means the CampRooms online platform for making remote work camp reservations.
The term “CampRooms Services” specifically includes any new features and tools that we may introduce from time to time under these terms,
together with any content that we have uploaded or input. The term “CampRooms Services” includes any mobile app that might be launched by us in the future.
The term “CampRooms Services” specifically excludes all User Content and Personal Data;
“Personal Data” means all personal information about an identifiable individual input by users (but excluding business contact information);
“User Content” means content such as accommodation information, user reviews or comments input by any user (including Suppliers);
“users”, “you” and “your” refer to any users of the CampRooms Services (including Suppliers);
“Supplier” means a supplier of work camp accommodations.
2. Your Access:
Some areas of the CampRooms website are accessible without an account. If you access areas of the site without an account, you are still bound by these terms.
To access and use certain tools and features of the CampRooms Services, you will be required to register and create an account.
If you register and create an account, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account information and password.
You are responsible for all uses of your account. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your account.
You may only use the CampRooms Services if
(a) you are the age of majority in both your province or state of residence, and the site of the work camp accommodations;
(ii) you have legal capacity and authority to enter into this agreement as a binding legal obligation;
(iii) you use the CampRooms Service in accordance with these terms;
(iv) you will only use the CampRooms Service to make legitimate reservations; and
(v) all information supplied by you on the CampRooms Service is true, accurate, current and complete.
3. Use of Travel Coordinators or Agents: Some users may act as a travel coordinator or agent to arrange travel for others.
If you are such a user then your use of the CampRooms Services is conditioned upon acceptance of this agreement, and in addition to the conditions above
(i) you will only use the CampRooms Service to make legitimate reservations for others for whom you are legally authorized to act; and
(ii) you will inform such other persons about the terms of this agreement as they apply to the reservations you have made on their behalf, including all rules and restrictions applicable thereto.
4. Fees: Suppliers have access to additional or enhanced features by registering with us, and paying certain fees or commissions.
Such fees are payable as set forth in the Supplier payment page or the invoice issued by us.
5. Grant of License: You have a license from us to access and use the CampRooms Services.
By entering into this agreement, you grant to us a nonexclusive right and license to host, publish and retain archived back-ups of User Content and Personal Data that you input or submit to us.
6. Important Information About Our Services:
The CampRooms Services permit users to search for and reserve work camp accommodations.
Suppliers are independent contractors, and not agents or employees of ours. We do not act as co-vendors with the Suppliers.
Similarly, other users who post User Content are independent from us, and are not agents or employees of ours.
We merely provide a platform or venue for work camp accommodation reservations.
You must decide whether to create an account, book accommodations, input Personal Data, or input User Content, and you accept all consequences of doing any of the foregoing.
You must evaluate all information that you receive through the CampRooms Services. We do not independently pre-clear, validate or verify any camp room availability, any users or any User Content. We make efforts to ensure that posted information provided is accurate.
However, prices change, some information may be unverifiable, and we cannot guarantee any information from Suppliers, any User Content or other information about Suppliers, other users. We assume no responsibility for any loss, damage, defect, injury, death or expense relating to any use of the CampRooms Services, or any conduct or behavior by any user at any work camp accommodation site.
WE DO NOT EXERCISE ANY CONTROL OVER SUPPLIERS OR OTHER USERS, OR THE QUALITY, VALIDITY, ACCURACY, SAFETY, OR LEGALITY OF SUPPLIERS, OR THE TRUTH OR ACCURACY OF USER CONTENT.
WE DISCLAIM ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES REGARDING ANY SUPPLIERS OR USER CONTENT. YOU MUST TAKE STEPS TO VERIFY THE QUALITY, VALIDITY, ACCURACY, SAFETY, OR LEGALITY OF ANY SUPPLIERS OR USER CONTENT.
Any disputes between users, customers and Suppliers must be settled between the participating users.
7. Termination Rights:
By Us: In the event you breach this agreement or any other agreement with us, we may suspend or terminate your account and your access to the CampRooms Services. We may suspend or terminate your account in the event the account is inactive and abandoned by you.
By You: You may terminate your account and cease use of the CampRooms Services at any time.
9. Terms Related to Booking Accommodations:
Payments: When you book accommodations through the CampRooms Services, and confirm payment, we will charge the amount shown to your credit card immediately and you are responsible for all applicable charges for the reservation.
Confirmation: Accommodation bookings and prices are only confirmed once payment has been completed and the confirmation has been issued.
Limits on Bulk Bookings: You may not book reservations for more than the limited number of rooms permitted by the CampRooms Services for the same accommodation/stay dates. If we determine that you have booked reservations for more than the permitted number of rooms in total, whether in one or multiple reservations, we may cancel your reservations, and charge you applicable cancellation fees and/or you may forfeit deposits.
If you wish to make bulk reservations for more than the permitted number of rooms, you must contact our group reservation specialists and additional terms and conditions may apply.
Changes & Cancellations:
Suppliers may change their prices without notice.
We reserve the right to cancel your booking if full payment is not received in a timely fashion.
Some Suppliers may require you to present a credit card or cash deposit upon check-in to cover additional expenses during your stay. Such deposit is unrelated to any payment received by us for your reservation with the Supplier. We are not liable for any costs incurred by you during your stay.
Some Suppliers may require you to sign or adhere to additional terms including rules, restrictions, conditions or waivers related to their accommodation facilities prior to your stay, either before or after the time of booking. You understand that if you breach these additional rules, restrictions or conditions, we may cancel your reservation(s), or you may be denied access to the accommodations by the Supplier, you may forfeit any amounts you paid for the accommodations, and you will be responsible for costs we incur as a result of such breach by you.
We do not permit the change or cancellation of any reservations. All changes and cancellations must be made directly with the Supplier if change or cancellation is permitted by the Supplier. Some Suppliers permit change or cancellation of prepaid rooms, and if so, you may cancel or change your prepaid room reservation through the Supplier, but you will be charged the cancellation or change fee indicated in the rules and restrictions related to that reservation.
Some Suppliers only permit cancellations or changes to the reservation within a specified time period prior to arrival. If you do not cancel or change your reservation within the permitted time period applicable to that reservation, you will be subject to a charge equal to applicable nightly rates, including any applicable taxes and service fees.
You agree to pay any cancellation or change fees that you incur. In limited cases, some Suppliers do not permit changes to or cancellations of reservations after they are made, as indicated in the rules and restrictions for the reservation.
If you are a “no-show” for any night of the reservation, or if the government-issued identification of the person at check-in does not match the name on the booking, your reservation may be cancelled by the Supplier, and you will be subject to a charge equal to applicable nightly rates, including any applicable taxes and service fees.
10. Terms Related to Taxes: Other than value-added taxes payable on the services supplied by us, we do not collect taxes for remittance to applicable taxing authorities. Applicable taxes (e.g. state, provincial or federal sales tax, hotel, tourism, occupancy taxes, excise tax, or value added tax) are collected by us and paid to the Supplier who retains responsibility for remitting all applicable taxes to the applicable taxing authorities.
11. User Content: As an authorized user, you may input User Content as part of your use of the CampRooms Services, as the CampRooms Services permit. We claim no rights in User Content.
You represent and warrant that (a) such User Content is complete and accurate, (b) you have rights to input the User Content, (c) that such User Content will not infringe the rights (including intellectual property and privacy rights) of others, and (d) such User Content will comply with our acceptable use standards. You are responsible for all User Content that you generate or input. We reserve the right to remove or correct User Content if we receive notice of corrections, or if any User Content contravenes our acceptable use standards.
12. Terms for Users Who Post User Content: If you use the CampRooms Services to post any User Content, you agree to these additional terms: We reserve the right to suspend or terminate the account, and delete the listing, of any user whose conduct or content does not conform to this agreement or our standards, in our sole discretion.
13. Acceptable Use:
The CampRooms Services may be used only for authorized purposes by users who have agreed to this agreement. You must comply with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and regulations. You must also abide by our acceptable use standards, and any acceptable use policy published by us from time to time. You may not:
Post, input or upload any User Content that is vulgar, obscene, contains explicit or graphic descriptions or accounts of sexual acts or sexual language of a violent or threatening nature or constitutes child pornography under applicable law;
Threaten bodily harm, destruction of property or otherwise engage in harassment;
Transmit, post, store, link or distribute any threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive or fraudulent information or information that is invasive of another's privacy, or infringes another’s rights;
Transmit, post, store, link or distribute material that victimizes, harasses, degrades, threatens to harm or intimidates an individual or group of individuals, including without limitation minors, on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age or disability;
Reverse engineer, decompile or otherwise attempt to decipher any code or any portion of the CampRooms Services for any purpose;
Use the output of the CampRooms Services for any purpose other than as permitted under this agreement;
Delete or revise any portion of our CampRooms Services;
Distribute, sell, lease, transfer, assign, trade, rent, publish or license the CampRooms Services as a stand-alone service to others;
Engage in linking or framing of any portion of our sites;
Aggregate, scrape, harvest or duplicate any portion of our CampRooms Services, including any personal or contact information, or use such personal or contact information for any secondary marketing purposes or unsolicited mass e-mail, or any purpose inconsistent with the stated purposes;
Corrupt, falsify or distort any User Content or Personal Data or upload, post or submit User Content that infringes any copyright, or other intellectual property rights, or offends privacy rights, or otherwise offends the standards set by us from time to time; or
Copy, misuse or duplicate the layout and design of our sites, or the underlying code and database structures, or any of our trade-marks.
14. Intellectual Property Rights: You agree that the CampRooms Services and all object and source-code, trade-marks,
intellectual property rights, trade-secrets, and know-how related thereto, are owned by us or our licensors, and you will not contest or challenge such ownership.
CampRooms and the CampRooms logo is a trademark of Gemstone Travel Management Systems Inc. All other company names and logos displayed on our sites may be trade-marks of their respective owners.
We take all reasonable precautions to protect personal information according to strict industry standards.
You agree to indemnify us, and Gemstone Travel Management Systems Inc. from any and all liabilities,
costs, claims and expenses, including reasonable solicitor’s fees, related to any breach or violation of this agreement by you or users of your account, or in connection with
(a) your booking of work camp accommodations, the uploading, posting or submission of any User Content or Personal Data by you or users of your account,
(b) any breach by you of any representation or warranty,
(c) any loss, damage, defect, injury, death or expense relating to your conduct or behavior at any work camp accommodation site, or
(d) any other breach by you of this agreement or any other agreement with us.
17. General Disclaimers:
While we strive for accuracy and completeness, we do not provide any guarantee or warranty with respect to the CampRooms Services.
We expressly disclaim any and all liability in connection with our CampRooms Services. Since some content has been provided by others and/or compiled by us from
a variety of sources including third-party providers, it is provided to you "as is" and "as available".
We do not warrant or make any representations of any kind regarding the use or the results of the use of our CampRooms Services, in terms of their correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise.
The content in the CampRooms Services could include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. WE AND GEMSTONE TRAVEL MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS INC. ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS OF ANY KIND IN THE CONTENT, AND DISCLAIM ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND/OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE USER CONTENT, PERSONAL DATA, OUR CAMPROOMS SERVICES, AND TO ANY MATTER RELATING TO OUR SITES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND/OR CONDITIONS OF NON INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
18. Release & Limitation of Liability:
IN THE EVENT OF AN ALLEGED LOSS OR CLAIM BY YOU, YOU RELEASE AND WAIVE ANY CLAIMS AGAINST US AND GEMSTONE TRAVEL MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS INC.
IN NO EVENT WILL WE (OR GEMSTONE TRAVEL MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS INC.) BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, LIABILITIES, COSTS, CLAIMS OR EXPENSES, WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING DIRECT, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH
THE USE THE CAMPROOMS SERVICES, OR THE PERFORMANCE OF THIS SITE OR THE USER CONTENT AVAILABLE OR REFERRED TO ON THIS SITE, OR ANY OTHER SITE YOU MAY ACCESS THROUGH THIS SITE, WHETHER ARISING UNDER BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN ANY EVENT, YOU AGREE THAT THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF US OR
GEMSTONE TRAVEL MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS INC. SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT OF THE FEE, IF ANY, PAID BY YOU OR THE CORPORATE ENTITY UNDER WHOM YOU ACCESS THE CAMPROOMS SERVICES, OR THE AMOUNT OF TEN DOLLARS ($10), WHICHEVER IS GREATER.
The limitation of liability reflects the allocation of risk between the parties. The limitations specified in this section will survive and apply even if any limited remedy specified in these terms is found to have failed of its essential purpose. The limitations of liability provided in these terms ensure to the benefit of Gemstone Travel Management Systems Inc. as a third-party beneficiary of sections 14, 16, 17 and 18 of this agreement.
19. Jurisdiction & Applicable Law: This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Alberta, Canada and the federal laws applicable therein. In the event of any dispute arising under this agreement, you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts in the Province of Alberta, Canada.
20. Downtime: The CampRooms Services may experience temporary downtime as we perform routine maintenance or updates.
22. Linked Sites: Links available on our sites may link to third-party websites not maintained or controlled by us and we provide these links for your convenience, and we are not responsible for the contents of any linked site.
23. Changes: Changes to this agreement may be made from time to time by us, and the modified form of the agreement will take effect 15 days after posting on our site(s). Continued use of the CampRooms Services after the effective date will indicate your acceptance of the amended terms. No amendment shall apply to any dispute of which we had actual notice on the date of amendment, or to any dispute which arose prior to the date of amendment. To improve our systems, we reserve the right to change or remove any of our content, functionality or features from the CampRooms Services, in whole or in part, at our sole discretion, at any time, without notice.
24. Survival: All terms which require performance by the parties after the expiry or termination of this agreement, will remain in force despite this agreement's expiry or termination for any reason. The following terms shall survive the termination of this agreement: 7, 11, 14, 16, 17, 18 and 19.
25. Miscellaneous: You may not assign or transfer the rights granted to you under this agreement without our prior written consent. We may assign this agreement to a third-party upon written notice to you. This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between us and you with respect to your use of the CampRooms Services. Any failure by us to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of this agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. If any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement are determined to be void, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such determination shall not affect the remaining provisions. The parties have required that this agreement and all related documents be drawn up in English. Les parties ont demandé que cette convention ainsi que tous les documents qui s'y rattachent soient rédigés en anglais. This agreement may be agreed to by electronic acceptance.